Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"THE SECRET PLACE" by Marina Petro


"The Secret Place"
20x24 inches
Oil on Canvas
$700
email me to purchase-link is below

Another product from my fertile imagination. It's always intriguing for me when I begin a painting with nothing in mind. It is a discipline to keep my mind free of impressions and just let the 'spirit' move me. I began this painting with Raw Umber, applying paint thinly in darks and lights, keeping my mind clear, until an image emerged that I wanted to work with.

Today's Quote: "Resistance is directly proportional to love. If you're feeling massive resistance, the good news is it means there's tremendous love there too. If you didn't love the project that is terrifying you, you wouldn't feel anything. The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference. The more resistance you experience, the more important your unmanifested art/project/enterprise is to you-and the more gratification you will feel when you finally do it."
-Steven Pressfield
From the book "The War Of Art"



Visit Marina's Blog

Website
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin