Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Autumn Mist" by Marina Petro


"Autumn Mist"
24x20 inches
Oil on stretched canvas
$1,500
Email me to inquire or purchase (link below)

Well, am I versatile or what? Is it to my benefit or detriment? I am going to lament again about the criticism I have received because of the many styles and subject matter I choose to paint. But...life and painting is such an adventure...and so many things spark my creative spirit that I just can't help it. So there it is. What do you think?

I finished this painting yesterday. I'm not 100% sure I like the title I've given it. If anyone is up to suggesting another title, I'd love it if you emailed me with your suggestions. If I happen to love a title anyone has suggested more than "Autumn Mist" I will be happy to send you an 8x10 inch print of this painting. If I decide to keep "Autumn Mist" but there's one submission that came close to changing my mind, I'll consider you the winner and send you a print. Someone wins in any case. I'll keep this little contest going until Tuesday, September 4. You can email your suggestions to me from the email link below.

Today's Quotation: "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
-Carl Sagan



Visit Marina's Blog

Website
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

3 comments:

Mim said...

There is nothing wrong with exploring all styles, 1. you don't become bores, 2. you find out what you resonate with and 3. its fun to bug people who criticize art!
It is a beautiful painting.
Michelle
www.michellmjohnson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I really love this one, Marina. Great mood... I can feel the crispness of the air.

----- Alison Mewer Cowan ----- said...

Oh Marina! That is spectacular! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin