Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

"MIDSUMMER" by Marina Petro


"Midsummer"
16x20
Oil on Canvas
email me for details and to purchase

This painting was catalyzed by a photo I saw in a gardening magazine. You wouldn't know it was the same picture though. The original photo had two trees, both with leaves. I added the flowers. I feel happy whenever I see it. Right now it is available as the original but I will be making prints and giclees on canvas shortly.

Today's daily quotation is from the book "The War Of Art" by Steven Pressfield. It is one of my favorites. I highly recommend it to everyone involved in any creative venture.

Daily Quotation: "Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would not otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man would have dreamed would come his way. I have learned a deep respect for one of Goethe's couplets: "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it. Begin it now"
-W.H.Murray
The Scottish Himalayan Expedition


Visit Marina's Blog

Website
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin