Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

A Peaceful View, Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting of Saratoga Lake, NY by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro
"A Peaceful View"

11 x 14  inches
Original plein air oil painting on stretched canvas

$179

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.





I began painting "A Peaceful View" outdoors at the edge of Saratoga Lake in Saratoga Springs, NY. It began to get a bit too cold for me to continue so I finished it up in my nice warm studio. 

This was a particularly difficult painting to photograph correctly. It almost matches the original but not quite. The white areas in the clouds are a bit whiter than what appears in this photo. 

...AND ON A HUMOROUS NOTE...

As I was driving back home from town (Saratoga Springs, NY) along the beautiful country roads, I came to the top of the hill on Staffords Bridge Road heading toward Southard Road where a large expanse of acres and acres of meadow/farmland that had recently been mowed came into view. Mind you, I make this drive almost every day and have been for the 18 years I've been living in my home. 

Well today I had the funniest thought that took hold and.... I had to restrain myself from driving off the road and onto this wonderful meadow. I imagined the owner of the farmland trying to stop me but I ignored him until the police came and arrested me for whatever the crime was for driving all over it and refusing to stop. I continued to entertain myself with this fantasy until I got home...maybe I will indulge myself and actually do it some other day.......that's all...

Today's Quotation: "The secret of getting ahead is getting started."
-Mark Twain



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin