Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Golden Pear, "Pear Painting, Original Still Life Art" by Marina Petro

Click image for a larger view
©Marina Petro

"Golden Pear"
12x12 inches
Original oil painting on 1.5" canvas - Does not require framing
Still Life Fruit Series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Details and purchasing information AT THIS LINK or EMAIL ME HERE for other purchasing options and inquiries. 

Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here
If you see something you love at my Available Paintings page
Ask about my convenient LAYAWAY PLAN
I will make it very easy and convenient for you to purchase one of my original paintings...


Besides the color combination, my favorite parts of this painting are the leaf, stem and very top of the pear. I would imagine that most artists have their favorite little sections. 

Did you know that in Christian symbolism, the pear symbolizes Christ's love for mankind? Neither did I until this morning when I did a search on 'pear symbolism' and the website for Symbols in Christian Art And Literature popped up...intriguing!

Pears have been cultivated and enjoyed for thousands of years. Homer referred to them as a "gift from the gods" in the Odyssey.

Today's Quotation: "A man watches his pear tree day after day, impatient for the ripening of the fruit. Let him attempt to force the process, and he may spoil both fruit and tree. But let him patiently wait, and the ripe pear at length falls into his lap!"
-Abraham Lincoln
foxyform
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin