Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Hessel, The Gentle Giant, "Friesian Horse Painting" by Marina Petro


©Marina Petro

Hessel, The Gentle Giant
20" x 20"
Original oil painting on canvas
Equine Portrait Series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


SOLD

Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here

I was delighted to receive permission from Hessel's owner to paint him. I have fallen in love with this horse. He is currently residing at the Blackshire Equestrian Centre in Randolph, MN. Hessel is a Friesian Stallion with an impressive bloodline and disposition, who is now over 17 hands. They refer to him as the 'Gentle Giant.'You can read more about this magnificent horse and watch a great video here: http://www.blackshireequestrian.com/  I've posted this painting a few months ago here if he is looking familiar to you...

I've been 'under the weather' with a nasty bronchial thing going around these parts for the past two weeks. It has been difficult to paint with any consistency, although I did (almost) finish another plein air painting yesterday....a view of the autumn landscape from my deck. Sitting outside and getting cold probably didn't help any...I'll be posting it soon...

Today's Quotation: “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.”
 - Khalil Gibran


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin