Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Love That Plum, "Still Life Fruit Painting" by Marina Petro


Love That Plum
6" x 6"
Original oil painting on archival Raymar canvas panel
Still Life Fruit Series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


I titled this painting "Love That Plum" because I love this plum. I think it is the best plum I've ever painted and one of my favorite fruits to eat. We are in 'plum' season again and I am really hoping to hit the jackpot and find one with a leaf still attached. Maybe I'll get lucky...they are difficult to come by.

The background for this painting is a swatch of fabric I found at a local fabric shop. 

A bit of plum knowledge here...Did you know that plums may have been one of the first fruits domesticated by humans? Three of the most abundant cultivars are found only around human settlements and not in the wild. Plum remains have been found in Neolithic age archaeological sites along with olives, grapes and figs...

Today's Quotation: "None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone."
-Thomas Carlyle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin