Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Floral Still Life Oil Painting, In The Pink by Marina Petro

In The Pink
16: x 20"
Oil painting on stretched canvas

 Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Certificate of Authenticity provided with every painting purchased.
Purchase securely HERE or EMAIL ME for other purchasing options and inquiries.

I painted this beautiful (and quite difficult) painting prior to my teachers death. I thought it was going to be a quick paint but, as usual, he began by saying....."Be patient, Marina and...be very very careful..." I thought,  oh, God....not again...patience and careful....very difficult for an Aries. 

Not sure why I've waited so long to actually post it here. When I heard that 48 states were going to be hit with another snowstorm this week, I decided this is the time to bring a bit of warmth and memories of sunny days to my subscribers. The inspiration for this painting was a photograph that my daughter, Andrea, took of the Echinacea/Coneflowers in her garden. Incidentally, the color pink is said to denote, love, a childlike nature, innocence, friendship...and other sweet things...Can you feel it?

Today's Quotation:  "Your love should never be offered to the mouth of a stranger...Only to someone who has the valor and daring to cut pieces of their soul off with a knife, then weave them into a blanket to protect you."
-Hafiz

My Book: Angels-Guardians From Heaven And Their Habitats
Email Me
Blog
Website
FaceBook Page
Available Small Paintings
Available Paintings
Paintings at Etsy
Prints at Fine Art America
Prints at Imagekind!
Zazzle-My Art Jewelry and Fine Merchandise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin