Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lemon-Oil Painting-Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Lemon"
6x8
Original still life oil painting on archival Raymar canvas panel
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options.

I was so happy to find actual fresh lemon leaves at our local florist to use with this painting. Here in the northeast, we never have the opportunity to purchase lemons or most other fruit with their leaves still attached. I love lemons and use fresh lemon juice on many foods. Poached eggs with lemon and pepper is delicious...at least for me.

Did you know that the lemon is considered a symbol of longevity, purification, love, and friendship? Here's a very interesting article by Liz Rizzo, "Have You Hugged Your Lemon Today?" which has just about everything you'd want to know about lemons, including symbolism in art, healing remedies, and home remedies and recipes.

Today's Quotation: "I do my best work and have the most fun when I'm not sure exactly where I'm heading. The process of discovery is exhilarating."
~Jill Cohen

Email Me
Blog
Website
MyFaceBook Page
Available Small Paintings
Available Paintings
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints at Fine Art America
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

2 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia Floyd said...

Sorry, I had a major typo in my first comment, and it isn't possible to edit a comment, only to delete it.

Anyway, this is a beautiful painting, and I am slightly envious!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin