Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pear On Violet-Still Life Fruit Oil Painting by Marina Petro

"Pear On Violet"
6x6
Original oil painting on archival Raymar canvas panel
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options

I love the simple beauty of this painting. I invokes a sense of calm and peace for me.  There's a lot to say for simplicity....but I won't tonight because I'm just too tired and, unfortunately, too tired to paint. Will probably go to bed right after I post this.  

I've had an exciting day. My 16 year old granddaughter, Dominique, got her learners permit to drive and I'd promised the next time I saw her I'd let her drive my car. That was today. She did surprisingly well. What was most surprising is that I was calm the entire time...not even one tiny panic pang.  We covered about 25 miles today after I took her to the high school parking lot to drive around and get familiar with my car. I feel old...seems like only yesterday she was toddling around...

Today's Quotation:  "How disappointing to discover we aren't going to be young and strong and live forever... The challenge and the fascination of artistic creation is the best distraction in the world... we're the lucky ones. 
~Janet Best Badger


Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints at Fine Art America
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin