Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Painting From "The Zone" Book - Twenty Nine


"Twenty-Nine"
22"x28" Mixed media on canvas
"Be still when you have nothing to say. When genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say and say it hot."
-D.H.Lawrence


This is the last painting in my 'Zone' series. I used a new type canvas called 'Yes' canvas which is quite a bit smoother and accepts the paint I use for these better. The'zone' paintings are more conducive to a smooth surface. It's easier to render detail.

This new canvas is also conducive to any type of water media including watercolor paint which I'm sure must be pretty exciting for watercolor artists as they've been limited to painting on paper.

I'm curious to see what will emerge from my zone next...but...as usual...I have a small daily painting on my easel half finished as well as a beautiful larger autumn scene which is almost finished on another easel. It gets so frustrating (to say the least) wanting to paint in all these styles at once...

There's one more painting I included in the book. I will post it tomorrow. It's an oil painting which combines my other style of visionary painting with the zone style.

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin