Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Seer, Horse Painting, "Equine Oil Painting," by Marina Petro

Seer
16" x 20"
Oil painting on canvas by Marina Petro
Purchase securely HERE or EMAIL ME for other purchasing options and inquiries.
A Certificate Of Authenticity is provided with every original painting.

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

"Seer" is my second equine portrait. I'd posted a picture of this horse in progress some time ago. I'd been experiencing resistance, feeling intimidated, and kept putting off working on it.  I am very happy with the finished painting though.  The actual photo I used for reference had a background of trees and a fence...kind of boring.  I hadn't decided what to paint for the background so I just started choosing the colors that attracted me most and swishing them on the canvas....not a surprise that a sky scene emerged. They seem to appear very naturally through my brush. 

Not sure how your monitor is displaying this painting. I brought it into Photoshop and it matched the original painting perfectly, but seeing it now on this blog post, it appears a bit darker...but you get the idea...I love imagining I am riding this wild horse bareback with his mane swishing across my face...not a chance in real life but great as a fantasy!

Today's Quotation: In riding a horse, we borrow freedom. 
~ Helen Thompson
Visit My Blog





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin