Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Moonsilver, Horse Painting, "Equine Oil Painting," by Marina Petro

Moonsilver
16x20 oil painting on canvas
Equine Art Series 
Only one in the entire universe....and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.
Oh, how painting this horse series is re-awakening my childhood obsession with horses.  The closest I got to them was waiting for the summer carnival to set up on the lot down the street where I grew up in Astoria, New York so I could ride the carousel which we called the Merry-Go-Round way back when. I only got to ride once a day. I could have continued all night if left to my own devices. I remember listening to The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, and other western shows on the radio (no TV then) ...hearing the horses hooves as they galloped and fantasizing I was riding through the plains with them...what freedom! My life's ambition was to be a cowgirl.

Now, here's the deal with Moonsilver.....
I was in the midst of painting 'White Magic' (photo just below) when my young, 12 year old friend, Emily Heck, came into the studio with her mother, Leslie. Emily had suggested the title "Firebird" for one of my phoenix rising paintings in the past and I immediately changed the title I'd given it. I liked hers much better. 

Emily suggested "Moonsilver,"  after the name of a unicorn in the book she was reading with the same title, by Kathleen Duey. I loved the name but I'd already put a gold color base coat on the canvas and it was beginning to glow a beautiful golden color through the white of the horse. When they left, I decided to create a painting that would fit the title Moonsilver and that's how Moonsilver was born.  Thank you Emily!

Today's Quotation: "The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire."  
~Sharon Ralls Lemon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin