Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Fifteen" Original Visionary Tribal Abstract Acrylic Painting


Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
Email me to inquire about purchasing options.

Here is another painting from my "Zone." This is one of my favorites. Painting the tiny dots in the areas that appear to be out in the universe or outer space was SO relaxing...meditative. The whole process in itself is meditative but those little dots...really...I don't mix colors when I paint these pieces. I use the raw color. That's another factor with this direct, intuitive style that enables a greater sense of freedom. When painting in oils, it's rare that I use straight color from the tube without mixing it. I love painting so much and wish there were more of me to explore all the styles I paint in.

Today's Quotation: "A mind that is stretched can never go back to it's old dimensions."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My new Daily Paintings Book
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

Rob Hazzard said...

Marina, what wonderful, wild, creative paintings! Talk about bold!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin