Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

"Eleven" Original Abstract Acrylic Gouache Visionary Shamanic Painting


"Eleven" 24x30 inches
Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
Email meto inquire about purchasing this piece. Prints are also available at ImageKind-link is below.

Another painting from "The Zone." This one has a special personal significance. Not all of them do. I painted this spontaneously just before my beautiful mother died. I hadn't realized it at the time but if you look toward the bottom right you will notice what appears to be a figure in a sarcophagus. To me that was the fortelling of her death. My mother was born in Egypt. Now, mind you, I did not deliberately paint that image. I didn't know what I was painting at the time...that's where the great adventure and mystery lies in this type of creative expression. I highly suggest it if you are a painter going through an arid period or simply want to explore new possibilities.

Today's Quotation: "Begin doing what you want to do now. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand~and melting like a snowflake."
-Marie Beyon Ray


Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My new Daily Paintings Book
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin