Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

"IN THE BEGINNING" by Marina Petro




"In The Beginning"
30"x40" oil on stretched canvas
Contact me for purchasing options

This was painted a few years ago. It's been keeping some of the other paintings I wasn't completely satisfied with company until I decided to rework it a bit and display it in my current exhibit "Heaven & Earth"at 70 Beekman St. Fine Arts Gallery in Saratoga Springs, NY.

For you local folks, the opening reception is tomorrow...Saturday, Sept. 20th from 5-8 pm. Twenty-two pieces are on display. I'm calling the show "Heaven & Earth" because it gives me freer reign to display my cosmic paintings as well as my more traditional landscapes and more realistic art, rather than having a specific theme with similar styles. Maybe I'll just call all my exhibits Heaven & Earth. I like it.

I've slacked up a bit with posting here, much to my dismay. Life has not been cooperating with my desires (what else is new) and little funky out-of-the-blue time and energy consuming events have been plentiful. I'm grateful they are not 'big' nasty events, though...eternally grateful for that...

I created a book of my From "The Zone" Series paintings with my trusty Apple/Macintosh computer and it is pretty impressive. I was thinking I'd post two paintings a day from the series to give you an idea of the progression of this body of work...and to give me a chance to get back into the swing of things and paint and post more consistently. My next book will probably be my angel and garden paintings.

Today's Quotation: "The surest way to lose the best in life is to fail to recognize it when you already have it."
— Unknown

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin