Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

"IN THE BEGINNING" by Marina Petro




"In The Beginning"
30"x40" oil on stretched canvas
Contact me for purchasing options

This was painted a few years ago. It's been keeping some of the other paintings I wasn't completely satisfied with company until I decided to rework it a bit and display it in my current exhibit "Heaven & Earth"at 70 Beekman St. Fine Arts Gallery in Saratoga Springs, NY.

For you local folks, the opening reception is tomorrow...Saturday, Sept. 20th from 5-8 pm. Twenty-two pieces are on display. I'm calling the show "Heaven & Earth" because it gives me freer reign to display my cosmic paintings as well as my more traditional landscapes and more realistic art, rather than having a specific theme with similar styles. Maybe I'll just call all my exhibits Heaven & Earth. I like it.

I've slacked up a bit with posting here, much to my dismay. Life has not been cooperating with my desires (what else is new) and little funky out-of-the-blue time and energy consuming events have been plentiful. I'm grateful they are not 'big' nasty events, though...eternally grateful for that...

I created a book of my From "The Zone" Series paintings with my trusty Apple/Macintosh computer and it is pretty impressive. I was thinking I'd post two paintings a day from the series to give you an idea of the progression of this body of work...and to give me a chance to get back into the swing of things and paint and post more consistently. My next book will probably be my angel and garden paintings.

Today's Quotation: "The surest way to lose the best in life is to fail to recognize it when you already have it."
— Unknown

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

1 comment:

listeasy said...

Before you list any products at eBay, spend some time researching other similar products at eBay and following the bidding process. And also doing researching at Google and Yahoo. This will help you gauge the interest for the products and help you determine how much the products might be worth. List Easy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin