Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Autumn Pond, "Autumn Landscape Original Oil Painting" by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro

"Autumn Pond"
11 x 14 inches
Original landscape oil painting on stretched canvas

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


PURCHASE HERE or EMAIL ME  for other options and inquiries. 

Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


I began painting "Autumn Pond" outdoors last autumn at the edge of a pond in beautiful upstate Charlton, NY.  At one point, I didn't like the way the painting was going and started to wipe part of it in downward strokes. When it began to get too chilly and I began to get too tired, I packed up my gear and brought it home where it hung out with the other paintings in my studio for a while.

Below is a photo of a poor little dragonfly that landed on my paint and got hopelessly stuck. Thank goodness my painting buddy Debbie was with me. I won't go into the sad and gorey details but Debbie lifted it off the paint...just glad I didn't have to do it...I'll leave the rest to your imagination...

When I decided it was time to finish the painting I made a feeble attempt to initially 'fix' it  and stay with the image of the more realistic landscape as I remembered it but.....that didn't work either so I began to paint spontaneously/intuitively and stopped when I liked the result! In this photo above, the warm red area seems to be a bit redder and darker than the actual painting. Nothing I can do about it though...sometimes cameras do their own thing....




Today's Quotation: "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
-Mark Twain

View all my available paintings here
If you see something you love at my Available Paintings page

Ask about my convenient LAYAWAY PLAN
I will make it very easy and convenient for you to purchase one of my original paintings...

foxyform
Blog
Website
Etsy Shop 
Zazzle 
Prints at Fine Art America
Facebook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin