Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hessel-The Gentle Giant, Horse Painting, "Equine Oil Painting" by Marina Petro

 
Hessel, The Gentle Giant
20" x 20"
Original oil painting on canvas
Equine portrait series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


SOLD
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.

I was so happy to have received permission from Hessel's owner to paint him. I am in love with this horse. If I was a horse, he would be my soulmate. (I am the Black Water Horse in Chinese Astrology for what it's worth.)

Hessel is currently residing at the Blackshire Equestrian Centre in Randolph, MN. He is a Friesian Stallion with an impressive bloodline and disposition, who is now over 17 hands high. They refer to him as the 'Gentle Giant." You can read more about him and watch a video of Hessel here.

I will be bringing Hessel to Frankie Flores Gallery in Saratoga Springs, NY this Friday, July 27, where he will be in the company of my other equine portraits. 
You can read more about the Friesian breed of horses here.


Today's Quotation:  "About the head of a truly great horse there is an air of freedom unconquerable. The eyes seem to look on heights beyond our gaze. It is the look of a spirit that can soar."  
-John Taunter Foote


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin