Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Horse, Equine Oil Painting in Process....

Horse
16x20 inches
Oil painting in process

Here is my second attempt at a horse painting. So far, I like it quite a bit. As usual, I had a considerable amount of resistance and procrastinated endlessly before I stepped into my studio to work on it. I'd completed most of the horse and still had the background and mane to finish. I struggled with what to do for the background. I began to see colors,...started with the red on the upper left...skipped down to the lower left and painted in blue and purple, added some white and yellow to blend...and fooled around a bit until I was tired. So here we are....with much less resistance. 
I'm almost finished the the large still life I'm working on in my downtown studio and will bring this painting with me tomorrow to work on. 

I realize it is not finished yet, but I'd love to hear your ideas for a name....email me any names for this painting might that pop into your awareness....I might choose one...

Today's Quotation: "The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire."  
~Sharon Ralls Lemon
My Book: Angels-Guardians From Heaven And Their Habitats
Email Me
Blog
Website
FaceBook Page
Available Small Paintings
Available Paintings
Paintings at Etsy
Prints at Fine Art America
Prints at Imagekind!
Zazzle-My Art Jewelry and Fine Merchandise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin