Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Apple & Pear ~ Still Life Oil Painting of an Apple & Pear by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Apple & Pear"
6x8
Still life oil painting on archival Raymar canvas panel
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options.

This painting went fairly smoothly. There are times when it is truly a struggle. I never know which ones are going to end up that way until I begin to paint. 

I love the rich burgundy in this piece and the accent of the green apple. The shade of green in this apple represents 'healing' in a person's energy field. The color green that represents 'prosperity' is darker, more like the color of grass. 

Today's quotation: “First there is an ending, then a beginning, with an important empty fall time in between. That is the order of things in nature. Leaf-fall, winter, and then the green emerges again from the dry brown wood. Human affairs would flow along similar channels if we were better able to stay in the current.” 
— William Bridges

Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

2 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

Marina,
This painting came out great! Love how the reds work from the fruit into the background pattern and then the complimentary green.
I, too, never know which paintings are going to turn out okay.

Kim Blair said...

Hi Marina:
I like the exotic feel to this painting Apple & Pear. Wonderful colours.
Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin