Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

"POMEGRANATE II" By Marina Petro

"
Pomegranate II
6x8 inches
Original oil painting on canvas panel
Sold

This is the second pomegranate I've painted on this decorative paper. The first was placed at a different position on the design of the paper. I am pleased with the results. Daily painting is not always adaptable to completing one painting a day. This one had to sit for a day or so for some of the areas to dry enough for me to paint in the small white details.

I'm posting another photo of a painting I did a while back, "Solitude." It was featured in the magazine "Saratoga Winter" which also had a nice article about me. Local folks can still find it at Borders in Saratoga Springs.


Today's Quotation: "Language... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone."
~Paul Johannes Tillich, The Eternal Now

Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin