Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"PUMPKIN" In Progress by Marina Petro


PUMPKIN -painting in progress
16x20 Oil on stretched canvas

Thought I'd post what I have been currently working on. I took a photo of the pumpkin in an amazing pumpkin patch at a garage sale I stopped at last Fall. The colors in the actual painting are probably a little more saturated. Colors sometimes diminish when a photo's resolution is lowered for internet use. I don't remember what the actual color of the leaves were in the garden, but I like the way they came out lavender in the photo. Makes it very interesting, at least for me. Each painting holds it's own unique challenge and I always learn something new. The challenge with this is the texture of the leaves. I'm heading into my studio now to work on it again. Hopefully for the last time.

Today's Quote: "The artist's quest is finding the form to communicate the 'God' concepts, to make sense of what cannot be said."
-Andrea Vaucher



My Blog

Website
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Studio Tour
Email

1 comment:

Cecelia said...

The colors in this are just gorgeous, and the composition is so powerful!
I'm trying to let everyone know about the 19th World Wide Sketch Crawl on Saturday June 21. This is free and is open to everyone everywhere. Just spend some time, wherever you are, sketching or painting your surroundings that day, along with people around the world. Go to http://sketchcrawl.com to learn more or to register. This is for all ages, levels, media, groups or solo. I have a bit on my blog about it too.
I don't have an interest other than I think that it is just such a neat idea. I'll be drawing that day, and I'm trying to get something going locally in my part of Texas. I just know that others will want to participate, too.
Good luck with your pumpkin. I know that it is going to be gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin