Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Painting From "The Zone" Workshop-Marina Petro






Saturday's Painting From "The Zone" Workshop

I wanted to share some photos from my workshop rather than post a painting today. I was thrilled to the core having my daughter and granddaughter (first photo at top) attend. We completed two paintings. It was amazing to witness everyone's progress as far as being able to 'let go' with the second painting and allow their intuition and greater spontaneity to emerge. Ideally, this workshop should take place over 3-5 days but I doubted whether I'd get enough of a response to fill a class. I did my best to be very clear and condense the principles underlying this very freeing/enlightening way to paint. Sometimes, less is better as far as words/concepts are concerned. I hope my students will continue on their own. It's the easiest thing to do...all you need is to tape a sheet of paper on a wall, fill an ice cube tray with good tempera paint and begin! I couldn't have asked for a better group!

Today's Quote: "A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing."
-William Dobell

My Blog

Website
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Studio Tour
Email

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin