Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Luscious, "Original Still Life Apple Painting" by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro

Luscious
6"x6"
Original oil painting on archival canvas panel
Still Life Series
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here


From what I've read and been told, it is against the 'rules' of composition to place an object smack in the center of a painting. But....I happen to like placing lone pieces of fruit in the center of my paintings and will continue to do so as long as it looks good to me. 

Many years ago, I audited a studio painting semester at Skidmore College. During a critique, he announced that I had broken every rule in the book but the painting worked. I wasn't quite sure what the rules were and didn't know I'd broken them...still not sure what they are.  In some cases, ignorance is bliss...

Today's Quotation: "The person who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin