Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Angel Art Book" by Marina Petro

"Angels"
Guardians From Heaven and Their Habitats
From the original oil paintings by Marina Petro

Art books make great holiday gifts


"Angels" Guardians From Heaven & Their Habitats is an 80 page book containing images of my angel paintings, gardens, and celestial paintings with a truly inspiring quotation on each page to correspond with the image. I don't like mushy quotes, I get queasy. These quotes are not mushy...

One of my favorites, by Ranier Maria Rilke, is the one I chose for the angel "Apparition 11" on page 18. No matter how many times I read it, it never fails to bring chills throughout my body. Here it is...

"God speaks to each of us as he makes us
then walks with us silently out of the night.
These are the words we dimly hear:

You, sent out beyond your recall, to go the
limits of your longing. Embody me, Flare up 
like flame and make big shadows I can
move in. Let everything happen to you:
beauty and terror.

Just keep going.
No feeling is final.
Don't let yourself lose me.

Nearby is the country they call life. You will
know it by its seriousness.

Give me your hand."
-Ranier Maria Rilke


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin