Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Oracle-Goddess Painting, The Oracle-Fine Art Print by Marina Petro

"The Oracle"
Original Sold
Prints on canvas and paper in a variety of sizes are available at Fine Art America.Com

This is yet another painting from my imagination...sort of. One night about 26 years ago as I was lying in bed with my eyes closed (not asleep) the image of the most beautiful woman I could ever imagine appeared to me out of the darkness. She was glowing in light in red-orange garb. The expression on her face was pure love, like nothing I'd ever seen or experienced before...and yet to. "The Oracle" was my first attempt years later to do her justice from memory. I didn't capture her essence though, or how she really appeared. If I did, I wouldn't have sold the original painting. Perhaps when, and if I evolve my skills more, I will try again.....

Here's an interesting link where you can read about the Oracle of Delphi-Greece

Today's Quotation:"You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something, or that you were forced to,
but actually, whatever you do, you do by choice.
Only you have the power to choose for yourself."
-W. Clement Stone

Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin