Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

"The Messenger 11" by Marina Petro


"The Messenger 11"
24"x 30" Oil on canvas
Sold
This painting just flowed from my brush and was a delight to paint. No struggle here. I sometimes imagine that I am a bird, soaring above the earth and observing everything from that vantage point. I have been a bit ADD as you can see from the variety of paintings at my blog this month..(link below) The only consistency is that I have been painting. I've mentioned this before...I don't think I could ever settle into one style or general subject matter with my work. I fall in love visually (inner and outer vision) with too many things to be confined...and...I've been criticized for it...but I really don't care...so there...

Today's quotation: "There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost."
-Martha Graham



Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour

2 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

First: Weirdly enough this painting actually has a wonderful effortless LOOK to it. So I believe you when you say it just happened easily, don't you love it when that happens? Especially nice: the textural quality of the clouds, the moody blues and the wonderful almost ornamental nature of the dove... It's beautiful! Secondly: The ADD comment cracked me up real good. (: Thanks!

Karen Bruson said...

Marina, I'm not surprised this painting has already sold. It is lovely. How nice it must have felt to paint it effortlessly.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin