Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Black Bird" by Marina Petro


Artist ~ Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA

Black Bird
8" x 8" (20.4cm x 20.4cm)
Oil on Canvas
$150 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.



Painted on 8"x8" Gallery Wrapped 1 1/2" stretched canvas painted around all sides. Does not need a frame

This is a little different than my usual subject matter and I'm very happy with it. I paint a lot of black birds, crows, ravens, etc...in most of my "Zone Paintings" but this is the first time I've painted one with oil on canvas. The 8x8 inch size canvas is a first as well. I'll be ordering more of them soon. I learn so much with each painting. I'm sure that's one of the compelling factors that keeps bringing me back to the easel day after day. It is truly an adventure!

Today's Quotation: "I do not know which to prefer, the beauty of inflections, or the beauty of innuendoes...The blackbird whistling, or just after."
-Wallace Stevens, American Poet whose work explores the interaction of reality and what man can make of reality in his mind. 1879-1955


Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

2 comments:

Dayna Talbot said...

Really Nice....the the bird and background compliment eachother so well!

Sandra Galda said...

great color contrast, and the bird is excellent! love it! Yes, more birds!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin