Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"SPIRIT RISING" by Marina Petro



"Spirit Rising"
Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
22x28 inches
This painting is also available as a giclee on stretched canvas.
Email me for details (link below)

It's 9:30pm. I was happily painting when suddenly interrupted by a huge bug flying around my studio. It looked like miniature helicopter and began dive bombing into the ceiling and walls. I ran out of the room, closed the screen door to the studio and observed it from a safe distance. Needless to say, the painting did not get finished. Oh, the joys of summer...

Spirit Rising was spontaneously painted from my imagination. It's always a surprise to see what comes forth when I allow my spirit to take the lead.

Daily Quotation: "Art is an ascension in search of eternal types in things. A painting with its lights and shadows, form and colors, animated by the breath of the artist's soul, becomes a word messenger that goes forth to seek a dialogue with another human soul."
-Victor Mideros



Visit Marina's Blog

Website
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Tour Marina's Studio
Email Marina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin