Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

"Whole World In Your Hand" Celestial Wish Ball, Original Hand Painted Wooden Balls by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro

"Whole World In Your Hand Wish Ball"

To manifest anything you can imagine!
You've got the whole world in your hands containing all possibilities.

3 inches in diameter on star shaped glass holder
Shipped in a lovely white gift box with instruction card enclosed.

$125 or 3 for $300

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!
You might remember my recent email communications  featuring the painted polo balls I was commissioned to create for the Saratoga Springs Polo Association. They were presented as trophies to the winning teams for the 2015 Summer polo matches. They were beautifully received, much to my relief.

This project was quite a challenging  adventure. I almost backed out  more than once due to the unexpected difficulties I encountered painting on these round smooth objects and doubting whether I could meet the deadline. However,  as new adventures go, my imagination was stimulated and I  came up with the idea to create WISH BALLS. Wish balls are the same size as polo balls and hand painted (by me) on primed wooden balls. They are beautiful. I've finished each piece with special luminous coat of paint that gives the appearance of sparkling stars. 

My Wish Balls are similar to the Japanese tradition of Temari Balls which are thread-wrapped balls  given as tokens of good luck and displayed and enjoyed as works of art.Temari balls are also called "wish balls." Mothers making the balls would secretly write a wish for their child's future on a small piece of paper, then place it in the center of the ball before embroidering it.

Wish Balls are said  to contain the power of those wishes with them when they are given as gifts. In modern times, everyone can enjoy Wish Balls by giving them as gifts when wishing good fortune to friends and family or simply using them as decoration.

I've created the Whole World In Your Hand Wish Ball, The Love Wish Ball, The Healing And Prosperity Wish Ball, The Night Sky Wish Ball and The Fireball....See them ALL at my Etsy Shop...link is above.

Besides being a unique addition to your original art collection, they make very meaningful gifts. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin