Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Lillies And Plums, Large Still Life Oil Painting by Marina Petro


©Marina Petro

"LILLIES AND PLUMS"

20 x 20 inches
Original oil painting on 1.5 inch deep wrapped canvas  
No need for a frame

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.






I love painting these large still life pieces...cheers me up to see them completed. Part of the enjoyment is in searching for and discovering the beautiful fabrics to pose the fruits and vegetables on for the painting. I'm fussy and it is not easy for me to find fabrics I love enough to want to buy. 

Painting these still lifes are so far removed from how I paint my visionary/intuitive garden, angel and celestial paintings. Still life works provide me with a structure to refer to whereas the intuitive, spontaneous work has no structure and I never know what is going to manifest. 

Today's Quotation: "Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames."
-Rumi





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin