Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kissed By The Sun, Still Life Citrus Fruit Painting," by Marina Petro


Kissed By The Sun
8" x 8"
Oil painting on gallery wrapped canvas
Still Life Fruit Series
SOLD
Only one in the entire universe...and it could have been yours!


Here is the 'sister' painting to "Sun Kissed" that I featured in my last post. It sold yesterday at Etsy.
I like this painting quite a lot and will most likely create a much larger version of it.

As usual, I am torn between the different styles and subject matter I love to paint. I've been working on a series of Equine Portraits much of the time....however, I took a short break from my furry friends to paint a small still life and am working on another small one at the moment.

My plan is to visit the backstretch at the Saratoga Springs Racetrack to take pictures for reference paintings. I'll also go to the track but really don't like the initial hassle of getting in there with the traffic, parking and all....a little voice just told me 'get over it and just get yourself there.' Another plan is to visit Old Friends At Cabin Creek, a retirement home for thoroughbreds and take more pics. I fell in love with Thunder Rumble when I was there a few weeks ago for an equine communication workshop...I really fell in love....I can feel him in my heart.  The light wasn't conducive to photos that day though.

Today's Quotation:  "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
-Henry David Thoreau, 1817-1862 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin