Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Polka Dot Lemons-Still Life Fruit Original Oil Painting by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Polka Dot Lemons"
5X7 
Original oil painting on archival Raymar canvas panel
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for inquiries and other purchasing options.

I've painted apples and pears on this polka dot fabric before. It's the lemons turn now. I don't know what it is about this fabric, but it cheers me up. I'm not a fan of polka dots by any means.  I don't have one piece of clothing with polka dots, but I like this fabric.  The other paintings were quite a bit easier than this one. Strange, I never know what I will encounter with each painting. The first time I thought I'd completed it, I put it aside for a while because the shadow to the right was bothering me. It looked 'dirty.' I decided to work on it some more when it was dry by glazing a bit more violet into the shadow and lightening up the bottom right corner. Now it is acceptable....

Today's Quotation: "This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness." 
~Dalai Lama

Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin