Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Poppy Patch-Floral Landscape Oil Painting by Marina Petro

Artist~Marina Petro, Saratoga Springs, NY USA
"Poppy Patch"
22x28
Original oil painting on stretched canvas
Purchase securely at my ETSY SHOP or EMAIL me for other purchasing options.

The last two postings of lily pond paintings had a meditative, calming quality.  This one speaks more to  energy, growth, lifting of the mood. The red and bright open yellow flowers are one contributing factor to this difference, as is the general direction of the main part of the painting...it is more vertical than horizontal. Yellow is the color of happiness, joy, clear thinking, the intellect. Red is the color of life force, energy, passion, excitability. It is a color of action. 

I began this painting outdoors in the summer along the side of the road and finished it from memory in my studio. 

I couldn't resist posting the two very different perspectives in the flower quotes below. Who would have known Georgia O'Keefe hated flowers?

Two Quotes For Today:
"Flowers always make people better,
 happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, 
food and medicine to the soul." 

~Luther Burbank 


"I hate flowers -- I paint them 
because they're cheaper than 
models and they don't move."

~Georgia O'Keeffe 


Email Me
Blog
MyFaceBook Page
Available Paintings
Website
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin