Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Painting From "The Zone" Book - Twenty Eight


"Twenty-Eight"
24"x30" Mixed media on canvas

"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."
-Carl Gustav Jung


We are almost and the end of the line here with just two more pages left from my book. I hope you've been enjoying this diversion from my small daily painting posts...and... that you might be inspired to paint from your 'zone.'

I had a baffling conversation with a woman (probably in her 60's)who attended my recent gallery exhibit opening. She mentioned she would love to attend one of my 'Painting From The Zone' workshops but was too frightened because she 'can't draw a straight line,'and didn't want to embarrass herself. I tried to assure her that prior painting experience was not necessary, in fact even ever picking up a paint brush was not necessary and in short, it is an experience of discovery and freeing one's dormant creativity. Producing a 'pretty picture' is not the goal. Actually, one of the only 'rules' is that no one comment on what anyone else is doing or even overtly view what anyone else is doing. The paintings are not judged or discussed. I try to sustain an environment of freedom and minimize self-consciousness. I suggested she had this one precious life to explore new experiences...she kept shaking her head. How sad...to be trapped in only what is safe and familiar...

Prints of "Twenty-Eight" are available on 13"x19" heavyweight matte paper mounted on 16"x20" foam board, directly from me, ready to mat and frame to your liking. Larger prints are available from Imagekind (link below) on paper or canvas.


Twenty-Eight
30" x 24" (76.2cm x 61.0cm)
Ink Jet on Paper
$29 plus $8 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.




Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin