Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Painting From "The Zone" Book - "My Brain"


"My Brain"
22"x28" Tempera on paper

"Oh Great Creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."
-Jim Morrison


Well here it is for all to see. My brain as it was perceived and painted a couple of years ago. Maybe my next painting from the zone will be my brain as it is in 2008. Now I'm curious... This painting was created at a workshop I attended based on the principles of intuitive painting developed by Michelle Cassou who coined her system "Point Zero Painting." This was not new to me as I'd painted like this many many years ago in experimental work I called 'subconscious painting.' It did, however resurrect the desire to work in this way again and what was produced was much more exciting than what I'd done before. This particular piece was painted toward the last day of the workshop when I got into a familiar but temporary struggle with myself approaching a new white piece of paper. I went outside for a break and the thought came in to 'paint your brain.' So I let go of all pre-impressions and just tuned into my brain and began to paint.

I hope I've stimulated even a tiny bit of curiosity for you to begin to explore what you might discover painting from your 'zone.' Start with anything...even a box of crayons would be just fine...Ask yourself 'what wants to be expressed'...get quiet...and reach for the first color that attracts your attention and just begin putting color to paper.

Prints are available on 13"x19" heavyweight matte paper mounted on 16"x20" foam board. directly from me. Larger prints are available from Imagekind (link below) on paper or canvas.

My Brain
22" x 28" (55.9cm x 71.2cm)
Tempera on Paper
$29 plus $8 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.




Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin