Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"SERPENT FIRE" by Marina Petro


"Serpent Fire"
22" x 28" Oil on Canvas
NFS yet

I got home a bit tired today after running a few errands and taking a beautiful walk around Congress Park. I was ready for a nap. My to do list included installing Photoshop Elements 6 to use with my new Apple Leopard operating system, take a nap, photograph my new paintings to post, and then finally get into my studio and paint. Decided to install the software first and...ended up on the phone for 3 1/2 + hours with technical support. What a nightmare! I should be sleeping now after all that but decided to post a painting I (almost) completed a while back which expresses my mood this evening.

Serpent Fire has been hanging around my studio for a couple of years, waiting for me to 'fix' a few areas and then make it available. I painted this dragon VERY spontaneously one day after a very upsetting and sudden event which provoked the full extent of my protective maternal instincts. Painting helped me to express and resolve the wild reactive emotions of the moment.

If anyone is interested in this piece, either the original or a print, email me and we can discuss the details. I need someone to stroke my head and comfort me now...

Today's Quote: "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."


My Blog

Website
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Studio Tour
Email

-Carl Sagan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin