Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

"SUN BIRTH" by Marina Petro


"Sun Birth"
Sold
6" x 8" original oil on gallery wrapped canvas

As usual, I'm working on more than one painting at a time and none are finished yet...so, I thought I'd post one of my earlier small paintings while I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee this morning....before I shift -into 'barbeque' gear...decided to gather my family and a few friends together, stay aware of my blessings, and enjoy the glorious day.

This painting was created from my imagination and one of those which was sheer pleasure to paint! I think I love painting in this way for the suprise element. Life holds so many 'surprises' (especially lately) and when there's a pleasant one that I manage to manifest myself, it just feels so good...
A few times last week as I was painting...putting brush from paint to canvas, I thought..."What is this driving obsession with painting???" Here I am, often tired, putting a brush into little globs of paint, moving it to the canvas...what is it all about??? Well, whatever it is, I am compelled to continue...

Today's Quote: "Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary."
-Cecil Beaton


My Blog

Website
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
My eBay Store
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise
Studio Tour
Email

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin