Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Abstract Floral Acrylic Painting,Red On Blue, Marina Petro

Red On Blue
8x10
Acrylic painting on canvas
Purchase securely HERE or EMAIL ME for other purchasing options

This piece is a bit of a diversion from the familiar styles I work in. It is the first painting I created when
I was moving into my studio downtown. I didn't want to take on anything challenging...just needed to see how it 'felt' painting there. So, I pulled out my acrylic paints (I usually work in oil) and just began to paint...so, here it is. The picture posted here looks duller than the actual painting. In reality, the reds are quite a bit brighter. It is a happy painting and lifts my mood when I view it...hope it brightens your day too...I have a few more paintings I painted there in an attempt to acclimate and I'll post then soon. I'm still acclimating...

The Arts District on Beekman Street is participating in the Saratoga Springs Fall Festival taking place this weekend, Sat. 30 and Sun. 31 from 10am to 5pm. It's worth a trip to our beautiful city and Arts District for this event.  I will be at my studio/gallery on the first floor at 79 Beekman St. I'll have my original paintings, large and small (many on sale) cards, and prints...

Free trolley rides from Broadway to the Beekman Street Art District will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The Beekman Street shops and galleries will host an “International Harvest Fest” as part of the Fall Festival. Enjoy Native American storytellers and totem carvings, Ugandan crafts, Kwanza displays and artwork depicting the memorial folk art of Latin American “Day of the Dead” celebrations.

There will also be an assortment of entertaining demos and interactive opportunities; children’s loom demos to pumpkin floral arrangements, free acupuncture and massage treatments, magicians, costume contests, musicians, harvest pottery, open galleries and more.
 

Certificate Of Authenticity Provided with every painting.

COMMISSIONS CONSIDERED
Would you like a painting created from a favorite photo? EMAIL ME for information.

Today's Quotation:  "When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace. "
-Jimi Hendrix


My Book: Angels-Guardians From Heaven And Their Habitats
Email Me
Blog
Website
MyFaceBook Page
Available Small Paintings
Available Paintings
Studio Tour
My paintings at Etsy
Prints at Fine Art America
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
LinkedIn
My Art On Fine Merchandise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin