Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Granny Smith, "Original Still Life Fruit Oil Painting" by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro

"Granny Smith"
6 x 6 inches
Original oil painting on archival canvas panel
Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.

"Granny Smith" is so bright and cheerful I love looking at it. I am very fond of the fabric I used for the background and will most likely paint a larger painting using it as a backdrop again...perhaps with oranges and lemons...hhmmm...

I often see things in the completed painting that may have been obvious as I was painting it but didn't 'catch' them. With this one, it looks like the large leaf at the upper right is an animal with it's mouth wide open ready to consume poor old Granny Smith....and....at the upper left, the foliage looks like a butterfly. I actually ate the apple before the leaf monster could get her....Well folks, this is how I amuse myself ...


Today's Quotation: "Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence

View all my available paintings here
If you see something you love at my Available Paintings page
I will make it very easy and convenient for you to purchase one of my original paintings...

foxyform
Blog
Website
Etsy Shop 
Zazzle 
Prints at Fine Art America
Facebook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin