Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother And Child, "Abstract Original Fantasy Portrait Painting" by Marina Petro

Click image for a larger view
©Marina Petro

"Mother And Child"
20" x 24"
Ultra Original Acrylic Painting on Canvas From "The Zone Series

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!


Details and purchasing information AT THIS LINK or EMAIL ME HERE for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here


Well, Mother's Day has come and gone and I just realized my timing is a bit off. In any case,  this is a painting of what I believe I depicted as my mother and myself. The mother doesn't look like my mother at all but the very dark hair, red bow in the child's hair and red shoes were enough to hint that the child is me. 

Once again, let me reiterate that these paintings are totally spontaneous. I had no recollection until I painted the red bow and shoes that my mother loved putting red bows in my hair and a fairly traumatic experience took place when I was wearing little red patten leather shoes at the hospital when I had my tonsils taken out. Those memories hadn't been in my conscious mind for many many moons...but, the painting brought them back....very interesting, at least for me...

Today's Quotation:  "Forgiveness is what the violet sheds on the heel that crushed it."
-Mark Twain

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin