Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

"SUNFLOWER" by Marina Petro


"Sunflower"
6"x8" Original oil painting on gallery wrapped canvas painted around all sides.
$100
SOLD

This was painted from a photo I took of a sunflower in my garden this summer. Every year I intend to pull the sunflowers up when they bend over and groan but never do. This year was no exception. There is something to say,though, about sunflowers when they die. In some ways, they are as enjoyable to view as when they are in full bloom. Lucky me! I found two sunflower quotes.

Today's Quotations: “The gaudy leonine sunflower hangs black and barren on its stalk, and down the windy garden walk the dead leaves scatter, hour by hour”
-Oscar Wilde quotes

“Bring me then the plant that points to those bright Lucidites swirling up from the earth, And life itself exhaling that central breath! Bring me the sunflower crazed with the love of light”
-Eugenio Montale


Email Marina

Blog

Website
Studio Tour
My eBay Store
Boundless Gallery
Prints on canvas or paper at Imagekind!
Marina's Art On Fine Merchandise at Cafe Press

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin